“I would heartily recommend STTS. I can’t imagine a better ambassador for Sikkim and anyone fortunate to travel with STTS will be richer for the experience”.
National Geographic Traveler Magazine
Tashi Delek & Greeting from the Sikkim Himalayas. We are pleased to welcome you to this region of the world. STTS is Sikkim’s oldest adventure travel company, registered and recognized by the Government of Sikkim.
We operate cultural tours and treks to all parts of Sikkim, Bhutan, Darjeeling and North east India and have a variety of tours and treks on offer. Our organized trips take the guesswork out of a complicated journey to this part of the Himalayas. We've been guiding people here for thirty years, so we know our way around!
Our organized trips are designed around our own personal experiences to provide you with the best highlights and trail routes. A local English-speaking Trip Leader accompanies all of our organized treks and tours to allow you to get a more authentic experience with emphasison safety and communication throughout the journey. On all our treks a crew (including their ponies or yaks) accompanies your trip to serve as liaisons, cooks, porters and support crew.
Our local knowledge of this region and expertise ensure that you have an inspirational and unique trip filled with surprises, wonder and fond memories!
All organized STTS trips include:
- Pre-trip consultations with a detailed list of what is required for the trip
- An English speaking leader who is based in Sikkim/Bhutan and is experienced and knowledgeable in the natural history and culture of the area you travel.
- Support crew of Sherpas, Porters, Cooks, Horsemen and Packers are provided as necessary —you only carry a day pack with your essentials!
- Yaks, porters or horses are provided as necessary to carry gear.
- Group trekking equipment: tents, tables, stoves, latrine and group supplies.
- Safety is our number one priority while traveling in this region. Hence we use the best available transportation with mature and experienced drivers which is very important for the long drives and hilly terrain.
- Accommodations are shared and based on double occupancy.
Single accommodations are an additional cost and subject to availability.
- Three daily meals are generally provided throughout the trek unless otherwise specified in the trip description
“With Pema ( STTS ) at my side I would not hesitate to go
anywhere or do anything in the subcontinent or the
Outside/Harper Magazine, USA
Please feel free to contact us for more information or a detailed itinerary.
"Come join me in exploring this part of the world"
Y. Dorjee, Founder/Director